The Director of Public Prosecutions Act 1983 (DPP Act) empowers the Director to exercise a range of statutory obligations and powers including to:
- discontinue a prosecution
- take over a prosecution instigated by another person
- grant an indemnity
- ex-officio indictments
- consent to conspiracy proceedings
CDPP statutory function statistics for 2021-2022.
Each year the CDPP report against the following performance indicators:
- Prosecutions resulting in a conviction
- Defendants in defended summary hearings resulting in conviction
- Defendants in defended committals resulting in a committal order
- Defendants tried on indictment and convicted
- Prosecution sentence appeals in summary prosecutions upheld, and
- Prosecution sentence appeals in a prosecution on indictment upheld.
CDPP performance indicators for 2021-2022.
We also report the following statistics:
- Outcomes of successful prosecutions
- Summary Prosecutions
- Prosecutions on indictment
- Prosecution appeals against sentence
- Defence appeals